- Vernon Philander has recovered from his injury and is going to play his usual position against New Zealand.
- Jason Smith led the Cape Cobras to their first win of this season’s Momentum Cup.
- Harpeet Singh (the highest run-scorer in this season of the T20 tournament) was mistakenly detained by police for driving his car on to the platform of a railway station.
- South Africa are back to zero after losing against New Zealand twice and it seems like it is going to be difficult for the team to come back up.
- It was reported that former Wallabies team member, Dan Vickerman, died on the 18th of February due to not being able to cope with retiring from rugby.
- Springbok’s backline coach, Mzwandile Stick, is set to be fired. However, he will remain employed by the South African Rugby Union.
- Land Rover decided to drop the New Zealand legend, Dan Carter, as their brand ambassador after he was caught drunk-driving in Paris.
- Springbok Sevens’ Cecil Afrika is back after he faced a knee strain during the World Series and he is ready to travel to North America.
- The Blue Bulls and the Chiefs find themselves with the most points after day 1 of Super Rugby
- PSL: Wits, Kaizer Chiefs and SuperSport United managed to be the top three teams on the log. Wits is leading with 34 points.
- South African Football Association is being praised by the new president of FIFA for a successful organisation of the first ever FIFA Football Summit on African soil.
- Gareth Bale is back to training with Real Madrid after undergoing an ankle surgery.
- Sadly South Africa’s Wayde Van Niekerk did not win the award for the ‘Breakthrough of the Year’ at the Laureus World Sports Awards. Nico Rosberg is the man that took the award.